|Endless Eight VII|
|Japanese title||Endoresu Eito |
|Air date||July 31, 2009|
Endless Eight VI
Endless Eight VIII
Key events Edit
- This episode features the 15,527th loop of the summer. The events in this episode are similar to those of the previous one, except for the ordinary change of clothes and speech.
Haruhi drags the SOS brigade around to do various activities which include going swimming, going to O-bon festival, playing with fireworks, and bug hunting. However Kyon becomes plagued by an increasing sense of deja vu as the activities continue. One night Mikuru calls Kyon in a panicked state, asking him to meet her outside the station. Kyon meets up with her, Yuki and Koizumi to find that he has been experiencing an endless loop of events from the 17th of August through to the 31st. When time reaches the end of August 31, time resets and every ones memories are erased, apart from those closest to Suzumiya who although having there memories erased have vague memories of all the previous loops. This constant relooping of time is caused by Suzumiya not wanting summer vacation to end because she feels there are things she still wants to do. Yuki reveals that this is the 15,527th loop of summer vaction. As Haruhi closes up the summer activities, Kyon gets another intense feeling of déjà vu, but cant bring himself to say anything to Haruhi and she leaves the cafe, thus restarting another loop of summer vacation.
- This episode was the 18th episode broadcast for Season 2, but was the eighth new episode.
- In the beginning, the number eight and the word August is shown. The next episode aired just before this date, on August 7th, probably representing the end of the endless loop.
- During the swimming pool scene in this episode, Haruhi loses to Yuki in a swimming race, and she says "One more time! Again!", a possible allusion to one more episode remaining in the cycle.
- When Kyon and Itsuki are at the mall waiting for the girls to change, they are standing in front of a display window with the word ENDLESS in big letters behind them.
- After the characters figure out time is looping, when Kyon is figuring out how long Nagato has been experiencing the same two weeks, he is standing on the word Tomare!. This is the name of the second ending theme for the show.
- Paranormal phenomena observed: déjà vu and time-loop