|Endless Eight VIII|
|Japanese title||Endoresu Eito |
|Air date||August 7, 2009|
Endless Eight VII
The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya Part 1
Key events Edit
- This episode features the 15,532nd loop of the summer. It is the last episode in the Endless Eight arc.
- To prevent Haruhi from leaving, Kyon says that he needs to finish his homework. He tells all the members to meet at his place to do their homework together.
- September 1st arrives and everything is back to normal. Kyon and Itsuki play poker and discuss the meaning of the previous several thousand time loops.
- This episode was the 19th episode broadcast for Season 2, but was the ninth new episode.
- If we take loop count from this episode, the last episode of endless eight and attempt to find that sequence of digits (15532) in the number pi, we find that the first instance of the sequence occurs on the 74,532nd digit, not including the decimal point. Strangely enough, the last three digits of the loop count and this number match exactly.
- Itsuki's hand is a two-pair consisting of 2's, 7's, and a Jack, which can represent 19, the current episode.
- In this iteration, we reach the 595th year of recursion. If you add the digits together, you get the number 19, which can signify the current episode.
- This episode is the conclusion of the Endless Eight episodes, a series of episodes which caused much controversy among Haruhi fans, making some of them quit on the series.
- This episode airs in August, the 8th month of the year, the month the episodes are set, and being the 8th and last episode of the arc.
- This episode aired right before the 8th of August. The beginning of the previous episode, brought attention to this date.
- Paranormal phenomena observed: déjà vu and previous time-loops
- The music we can hear when Haruhi came back into the restaurant (after Kyon's decisive intervention) is Maiori ta Kaitō by Satoru Kosaki. The music just before (when Kyon is thinking) is Ryūreinaru Makimodoshi Sekai by the same author.
- In the short story, time looped 15,498 times, but in the episode, time looped 15,532 times.
- Kyon's winning hand adds up to 41. In the last episode, the camera focuses on Itsuki's wristwatch for 41 seconds.