Haruhi Hunting is a collaboration campaign between Kyoto Animation, Newtype magazine and SANKYO, Co., Ltd to promote the launching of the SANKYO's pachinko game Fever: Suzumiya Haruhi no Yūutsu (フィーバー 涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱) in August 2014.
The campaign features a new animation video produced by Kyoto Animation and the song "Lost my music" from the Live Alive chapter. The video was divided into 707 (Tanabata-related number) smartphone-interactive frames which then were scattered throughout convenience stores, outdoor advertising, magazines, websites, and elsewhere all over Japan. As people discover each frame and upload them to the campaign website, the new footage will be gradually unveiled.
- ↑ Frontalspy 2014-06-06. The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Line Stamps Released + Pachinko Pamphlet. OtakuTale. Accessed 2014-06-28.
- ↑ Swaps4 2014-05-31. Exclusive Haruhi Suzumiya Video Published on the Haruhi Hunting Website. HaruhiChan.com. Accessed 2014-06-02.
- ↑ Scott Green 2014-05-31. VIDEO: Hunting Haruhi Promotion Unlocking Movie From KyoAni. Crunchyroll. Accessed 2014-06-02.
- ↑ 2014-05-31. 1st New Haruhi Suzumiya Video in 4 Years Promotes Pachinko Game. Anime News Network. Accessed 2014-06-02.
- ↑ Frontalspy 2014-06-03. Aya Hirano Returns to Voice Haruhi in Haruhi Hunting Campaign. OtakuTale. Accessed 2014-06-03.