|Remote Island Syndrome Part 2|
|Kotō Shōkōgun (Kōhen) (孤島症候群(後編))|
|Air Date||May 21, 2006|
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|Remote Island Syndrome Part 1||Endless Eight|
Key events Edit
- The SOS Brigade investigates the case.
- Yutaka is a suspect of the murder when Haruhi and Kyon get stuck outside in a cave where Haruhi thought of a possible conclusion about the murder.
- It turns out they were all part of Itsuki's organization and was simply a prank to keep Haruhi occupied.
Haruhi and the SOS Brigade attempt to find clues to the villa owner's murder. Yutaka, the owner's younger brother, is initially suspect due to having been seen leaving the island the previous day before the storm hit. Haruhi and Kyon head outside during the storm, but find nothing. While drying off inside a cave, Haruhi comes to a startling conclusion about the murder. They return to the villa and set to devising a plan to solve the mystery. In the end, there never was a murder, for all was just a set-up.
- Haruhi Suzumiya
- Mikuru Asahina
- Yuki Nagato
- Itsuki Koizumi
- Kyon's Sister
- Keiichi Tamaru
- Yutaka Tamaru
- Sonou Mori
- This episode was broadcast as episode 8 of Season 1, and episode 11 of Season 2.
- When Haruhi explains how she and Kyon solved the mystery, her and Koizumi's actions are based on the actions of the main characters from the Ace Attorney games. Namely, Haruhi is mimicking Phoenix Wright, Itsuki is mimicking Miles Edgeworth, and Mikuru is mimicking Maya Fey.
- The references to the Ace Attorney series in this episode ultimately inspired three Haruhi fangames in the Ace Attorney style, know as The Turnabout of Haruhi Suzumiya.
- At the end of the episode, Keiichi waves the knife, but it is still stuck in the notebook. This is only possible if he took the knife out of the notebook, removed the notebook, and stuck the knife back in.
- The episode hints that Kyon's initials might be "W.J."
- There is an error in the animation of Haruhi's legs, which was fixed for the Blu-ray release.
- Paranormal phenomena observed: the mysterious shadow is probably created by Haruhi
- The scene in the cave never happened in the light novel The Boredom of Haruhi Suzumiya, which the episode was based on.
- The ending is from the Manga rather than the light novel.
- During Haruhi and Itsuki's theories of how Keiichi was murdered, live actors are used.
| The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya: Part 1 - Part 2 - Part 3 - Part 4 - Part 5 - Part 6|
The Boredom of Haruhi Suzumiya - Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody - Mystérique Sign
Remote Island Syndrome: Part 1 - Part 2
Endless Eight: Part 1 - Part 2 - Part 3 - Part 4 - Part 5 - Part 6 - Part 7 - Part 8
The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya: Part 1 - Part 2 - Part 3 - Part 4 - Part 5
The Adventures of Mikuru Asahina Episode 00 - Live Alive - The Day of Sagittarius - Someday in the Rain
The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya