|The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part 3|
|Japanese title||Suzumiya Haruhi no Yūutsu III |
|Air date||April 30, 2006|
The Boredom of Haruhi Suzumiya
Remote Island Syndrome Part 1
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part 2
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part 4
Key events Edit
- Itsuki Koizumi joins the Brigade.
- The SOS Brigade searches for aliens, time travelers, and espers.
- Mikuru informs Kyon that she is a time traveler
- Itsuki informs Kyon that he (Itsuki) is an esper.
Yuki completes her explanation of the Integrated Data Sentient Entity and how it relates to herself and to Haruhi. Furthermore, she discusses Haruhi's powers, and how she could destroy and recreate the world on a whim, even though she is not aware of her powers. Kyon, while simply trying to understand all of what Yuki had told him, is initially skeptical of her story. The SOS Brigade gets a new member, a mysterious transfer student by the name of Itsuki Koizumi. On a day off from school, the SOS Brigade searches the city in groups to try to investigate mysteries, during which Mikuru reveals to Kyon her existence as a time-traveler and her mission in relation to Haruhi. Kyon later confronts Itsuki, revealed to be an esper, and as he learns of the purpose of the Agency. All three of these members confirm that Haruhi somehow altered the reality of the universe three years ago.
- This episode was broadcasted as episode 5 of Season 1, and as episode 3 of Season 2.
- Kyon's phone is a Panasonic FOMA 902i Rubber Black
- The characters are seen eating at "WcDonald's." This is a clear reference to the fast food corporation McDonald's.
- Haruhi uses the CASIO EXILIM EX-Z57.
- Everyone had parked their bikes in a "NO PARKING" zone, but Kyon was the only one to get his bike confiscated.
- In the DVD version, the scene when Itsuki is introduced is lengthened.