|The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part 6|
|Suzumiya Haruhi no Yūutsu VI (涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱VI)|
|Air Date||July 2, 2006|
|Previous episode:||Next episode:|
|The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part 5||The Boredom of Haruhi Suzumiya|
The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Part 6 is the 6th episode that was broadcasted as the 14th episode that aired on July 2, 2006. Haruhi unknowingly brings Kyon to her new world.
Key events Edit
- Haruhi is jealous about Kyon and Mikuru's relationship.
- At night, Haruhi accidentally brings Kyon with her into a new world she created.
- Kyon, understanding the truth, manages to get Haruhi and him out by kissing her.
- After the events, it is not told whether they are in the old world or the new world.
When Haruhi sees Kyon wrestling with Mikuru over a computer mouse, she becomes jealous and creates an alternate reality (a closed space) in which she and Kyon are the only inhabitants. This becomes a threat, as the new world would possibly replace the old world. By kissing her, using clues from Yuki and a future Mikuru, Kyon convinces Haruhi to bring the old world back.
- Haruhi Suzumiya
- Mikuru Asahina
- Yuki Nagato
- Itsuki Koizumi
- Kyon's Sister
- Miyuki Enomoto
- Takako Nakanishi
- This episode was broadcasted as episode 14 of Season 1, and episode 6 of Season 2.
- The world that Kyon and Haruhi return to wasn't specifically told if it was the new or old world. There is a possibility that it is the new world because Itsuki mentions that they can't discount the possibility that this world was newly created the night before, and he feels privileged to meet Kyon and Haruhi once again. But also, Nagato mentions that Kyon and Haruhi disappeared from their world for two and a half hours. Although, the most likely answer is that the world they returned to is the old world.
- The opening and ending credits are not played.
- Paranormal phenomena observed: closed space/alternate world, celestials, ESP powers
- The music that plays during the climax of this episode is from the first part ("Veni, Creator Spiritus") of Gustav Mahler's Symphony No. 8. The symphony in its entirety links a Latin hymn (the aforementioned "Veni, Creator Spiritus", or "Come, Creator Spirit") and a setting of the closing words of Goethe's Faust. Both parts share a common theme, redemption through the power of love, which fits with the events of this episode. Additionally, the words "Veni, Veni creator spiritus" ("Come, Come creator spirit") are sung at the exact moment of the kiss.
- The epilogue is a scene from The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya novel's prologue
| The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya: Part 1 - Part 2 - Part 3 - Part 4 - Part 5 - Part 6|
The Boredom of Haruhi Suzumiya - Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody - Mystérique Sign
Remote Island Syndrome: Part 1 - Part 2
Endless Eight: Part 1 - Part 2 - Part 3 - Part 4 - Part 5 - Part 6 - Part 7 - Part 8
The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya: Part 1 - Part 2 - Part 3 - Part 4 - Part 5
The Adventures of Mikuru Asahina Episode 00 - Live Alive - The Day of Sagittarius - Someday in the Rain
The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya