|The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya Part 4|
|Japanese title||Suzumiya Haruhi no Tameiki IV |
|Air date||September 3, 2009|
The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya Part 3
The Sigh of Haruhi Suzumiya Part 5
Key events Edit
- The SOS Brigade continue their movie-making endeavor.
- They film the scene when Mikuru falls into the water, much to Kyon's dismay.
- They then head over to Tsuruya's huge house to film the love scene.
- After Kyon discovers Haruhi slipped sake into Mikuru's drink in order for her to come off more "sexy", the two begin arguing, with Haruhi admitting that Mikuru is merely her "toy" and that everything is hers to control. Kyon's breaking point is reached, for he had the urge to strike Haruhi, but luckily, Itsuki held him back. Kyon's outburst leads to a level of guilt from Haruhi, for her depression the next day did not cause Shinjins to appear - likely as she realizes her own responsibility to other people and as a leader, and Kyon's near-mutiny makes Haruhi realize that there are lines that even he would not cross for her.
- Itsuki realizes that Haruhi's god-like powers turned all the pigeons in the shrine white.
- Kyon attempts to apologize to Haruhi by telling her that the movie is coming out great.
- Itsuki asks Kyon if there was some other way to make up with Haruhi, for Haruhi now made sakura appear in the midst of summer.
- Haruhi wants to get a cat for the movie.
- This episode was the 23rd episode broadcast for Season 2, but was the thirteenth new episode.
- This episode begins in medias res, picking up after the previous episodes abrupt end.
- When Kyon goes to apologize to Haruhi, he briefly sees her holding her hair up in a ponytail, but she stops as he walks in. This is a reference to The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya VI, where Kyon admits that he finds ponytails a turn on and that on Haruhi they looked "so good it was criminal".
- This is the first time Tsuruya's house is seen.